Saving Money in Your New Main Line Pennsylvania Home
When you purchase or consider purchasing a new Main Line Pennsylvania home, there are lots of costs to consider. One of these is utilities. While they may not represent a large portion of your expenses on a month to month basis, the regularity of cost can add up over time.
Once you have purchased your new Main Line Pennsylvania home (and every few years thereafter), it is wise to shop public utilities via http://www.papowerswitch.com. Another option is to request an energy audit from your power company, or privately thru a company that I am affiliated with called the http://www.MarkGroupUsa.com. to find ways that you can reduce your monthly expenditures. Once you know what creates the bulk of the expense, you can use the following tips to reduce your utility bills in your new home.
- Update your appliances and fixtures to energy efficient models bearing the “Energy Star” label to save on water and energy bills.
- Replace any incandescent light bulbs with compact fluorescent bulbs. This can provide up to 75% savings on your lighting costs and keep your home cooler during the summer months.
- Be aware of your thermostat use. A programmable thermostat is a great idea during the winter, so you can allow cooler temperatures while you are away from your home.
- Lowering your hot water heater temperature ten degrees or shortening your shower times can results in savings.
- Adding insulation to your attic or attic door and replacing caulking over cracks around windows and in exterior walls can also reduce your energy costs. You may even consider insulating your garage or garage door if possible. Replacing or installing weather-stripping kits on drafty doors will also decrease your costs.
- Planting deciduous shade trees and shrubs can provide more even temperatures in your home, as can appropriate window coverings.
I hope you find these energy saving tips useful. If you would like additional information about saving money on utilites, getting an energy audit on your Main Line Pennsylvania home or shopping competitive utility rates in Pennsylvania, I am available to assist.
Use the form below to contact me. I always respond.[gravityform id=”18″ name=”Contact Us”]