Need to sell your home? You don’t have to wait out the pandemic to find a buyer. The real estate industry is still chugging along despite shelter-in-place orders and economic uncertainty. Besides all the normal steps involved in selling a home, you will need to take some precautions to prevent the spread of COVID-19. Check out the following resources to ensure a successful home sale during the pandemic!
Research Your Local Market
Understanding your local real estate market is important for pricing your home correctly and keeping up with your competitors.
- Learn how to do a real estate market analysis.
- Determine if you’re in a seller’s or buyer’s
- On average, homes in Philadelphia sell for about 3 percent below list price.
- Real estate research can help you develop a good marketing plan.
Hire a Real Estate Agent
Selling a home is not something you want to attempt on your own, especially during the coronavirus pandemic.
- A real estate agent will help you price your home competitively.
- The right agent will do whatever they can to protect your family from COVID-19.
- Before hiring a real estate agent, interview them and ask important questions.
Keep Your Home Clean
Sanitizing your home in between showings will help you protect everyone from illness.
- Clean your home top to bottom, including the walls and ceilings.
- Provide face masks and hand sanitizer during home showings.
- Find a good disinfectant spray that works against COVID-19.
- Thoroughly clean high-touch areas like doorknobs and light switches.
Ready to sell your home? With the right research and some good cleaning practices, you should be able to find a buyer quickly without putting your health at risk. Take advantage of the resources available to you to ensure your home sale goes as smoothly as possible!